Upon receiving her Canadian Athletic Therapy Association Certificate in 2006, Sonia began working as an Athletic Therapy Assistant with the Carleton Ravens Athletic Therapy Clinic. After finding her feet with the Ravens, Sonia accepted the role of Head Athletic Therapist for La Cite Collegiale in 2008. In this role she provides comprehensive athletic therapy services to all student athletes including the prevention, assessment, and treatment of injuries.
Outside of her therapeutic role, Sonia has always been actively involved in the sporting community. Sonia first began figure skating at the age of 7 and began to pursue the sport competitively in 1991. Her passion as an athlete blossomed into a coaching and mentorship role with the City of Ottawa where she was the lead skating specialist instructor from 2000-2012.
- Bachelor of Health Science, Honours with Specialization in Kinesiology (2004) – University of Ottawa
- Advanced Athletic Therapy Certificate (2006) – Mount Royal University, Calgary
- Taping and Prophylactic Support 2005
- Emergency Responder Certification 2005
- Ontario Athletic Therapy Association 2006
- Canadian Athletic Therapy Association Certification, CAT(c) 2006
- Certified ImPACT provider (Immediate Post Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) 2012
- Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner 2012
- Emergency First Aid Certification 2015
- Whole Body Rebalancing Level 1, 2015
- CPR, AED HCP
- Certified in Dynamic Tape Techniques,2016
- Registered Kinesiologist Ontario, 2016
- Muscle Energy Techniques, 2018